Fundraising is a very broad and interesting area that allows you to be as creative and inventive as you desire.
Whether it is organising a sponsored walk or hosting a rock party, it is entirely up to you.
You can either decide to fundraise alone, or with friends, family or colleagues. We are happy to support individuals or groups who are interested in raising money for Hope Foundation through sponsored activities or fundraising events.
Just one example of a fundraising event is our our RUN & GIVE fundraising initiative. A number of runners take part in various marathons worldwide to support our Malaria-free West African project. Each runner sets a fundraising goal before his race and then calls on friends, family, colleagues and companies to support his action to fight against malaria. One sponsored kilometer provides a mosquito net to a family.
There are a number of other fundraising ideas which people use every day to raise money for a good cause.
These can include but are not limited to:
- Organising or participating in a sporting activity. This could be bowling, basketball, football where an entry fee is collected or by running a sponsored race with each kilometer being sponsored.
- Collecting funds during a special occasion or party. Instead of accepting gifts or money for your birthday or marriage ceremony, you may wish to ask your guests to donate to Hope Foundation.
- Take an average working day and sell coffee, flowers, baked goods to friends, family, colleagues to be able to raise some money and support us.
- Take on a challenge with friends and colleagues where proceeds of the bet go to Hope Foundation. You could propose shaving off your beard or hair, stop smoking, climb a high mountain, and lose weight!
Things to bear in mind before fundraising:
- Decide on which kind of fundraising activity you would like to do; where and when.
- Choose a project and set a target and goal regarding the amount you wish to reach.
- Decide if you want to fundraise online or outdoors. If you choose online, then create a fundraising page and call on friends and sponsors to support you.
- Donate funds collected after your event to Hope Foundation, contact us for details.
If you need more fundraising ideas and tips or have any questions and suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Helping Hands Embassy Foundation is grateful any kind of support you might be able to offer.